Thursday, October 23, 2008

Internet, politics, and low brass



GINGER & MARYANN



My internet connection was not working for a few hours today. It is a wireless connection to a radio tower in town that the recorded message said was having an emergant firmware problem.



I received some more slanderous mail about Obama again today. I understand the fear being generated by the right wing propagandists. The Bushies have ruled the country with fear for 8 years. Obama is not the candidate with erratic reactions, old age, documented temper problems, snap questionable decisions, history of cancer, snarky smile, and nervous laugh. Obama is the one telling everyone how he would like to see America in the future. Its too bad we can't really see into the future. Of course some Democratic outrider groups' mailings are trying to scare people about a future President Palin too.

The weather is really nice in Granbury today. I rode my scooter to town to do a little shopping. I put $7.70 worth of gasoline in the scoot. It would have been more than $10 3 weeks ago.
The Langdon Center Big Band is playing for "Jazz On The Green" Sunday afternoon. We are the warm-up band for the Tarleton Stage Band. We sound a lot better this year than we did last year.I hope that trend continues Sunday!
I had community band practice at Tolar High School Tuesday night. My lack of serious practice was evident since the other euphonium player was not there and we were practising Gustav Holst's First Suite In E flat for Military Band. The 1st movement starts with euphonium/ tuba duet. Only 1 tuba player was there too. It will get better!

No comments: