Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mid November Ramblings



I had tried putting some big band videos on Webshots, but they must be too big or something. We did have nice weather that day. I'm surprised how good the sound is from that little Canon camera that fits in my shirt pocket. I put them on my myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/tubascooternuke


I've had a cold for about a week now. Played tuba for a Veteran's Day program in Granbury last week. Janice, the director at The Langdon Center, took us to lunch at Babe's. It was a delicious , fun lunch. Nothing to do with playing or lunch, I started feeling puny that afternoon. As Granny Moses said on The Beverly Hillbillies, I will get better in about 14 days without medicine, but with Granny's medicine you're cured in 2 weeks! I went to the community band practice on Tuesday night. We have a Facebook page? Our name is now the Paluxy Wind Symphony.




I got my check from the county for helping with the election Nov. 4. They paid $8/hr straight time for 13 & 1/2 hours. Today is our anniversary. We could spend that cash on a night out.





Some of the people I voted for actually won their races. Since I usually vote for Democrats, that is unusual in this neck of the woods. I live in the same congressional district with George Bush's ranch. We have been represented by a very good Democratic congressman, Chet Edwards, since the Republicans gerrymandered this district to make it more republican. Our county voted more than 75% republican.





My dogs have been inside quite a bit the last few days. My big dog, Ginger doesnt really like the cool weather. She prefers to sleep in the sunshine outside most of the time, but she curls up next to the TV or on the window seat inside.





Be safe.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Facebook? MySpace? what's this world coming to??? I must go look around when I have time to play.